Project 1 - Image Processing of Fine Art (100/100) (Due 09/02)
In order to finish this project, you need to understand the following:
- Image format (e.g. PGM/PPM)
- Color image format
- The Image library
- Image read/write
- How to view an image
- How to get around a gray-scale image using a double "for" loop
- How to get around a color image using a triple "for" loop
- Implement two special effects listed in the Appendix that you like the most from this website.
- Use different tests images from the website. You can choose any images provided from the "testimage" link.
- Choose at least one black/white image and one color image for special effect
- How to read/write a color or a gray-scale image
(readwrite.cpp, readwrite_color.cpp, testImage.cpp,
- How to organize your code. This tar file shows you how to use the Image library given to code a simple image processing algorithm, i.e., to change the contrast of the image (for each pixel, change its intensity to m*r+b where r is the original intensity).
I'd suggest "gimp". Do a search on the Internet. It has free installations for both Windows and Linux.
What to turn in
- a tar file or a zip file with all the necessary SOURCE code (do NOT zip executables or object files, i.e., *.exe, *.o, etc.), including a README file on how to compile, how to run and test the code.
- a written report (in pdf format) including the following contents