CS494/CS594 -- Advanced Programming and Algorithms
Fall, 2018 -- Tuesday/Thursday, 9:40 - 10:55 in MK 406.
MK320. firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours by appointment only.
- Chris Dean. Office hours in MK339:
- 2:40 - 4:00 Mondays
- 12:30 - 2:00 Tuesdays
- 1:00 - 2:30 Wednesdays
- 12:30 - 2:00 Thursdays
There will be no exams in this class. Your grade will be composed of three
Lateness policy: Read this one carefully:
- Attendance: 20%. Yes, 20%. You start with 100% and lose 10% with every class
that you miss.
- Programming assignments: 60%.
- Presentation: 20%.
Please do not ask me for extensions -- the above grading policy is very lenient.
I want to reward people who get their work done on time. However, I also want everyone
who is in this course to actually do the labs. You'll note, if you come to every class,
do a good job on your presentation, and then submit all of your labs on December 5, you'll
still get a C (70 points).
- Up to 24 hours late: 10 points off.
- Between 24 and 72 hours late: 20 points off.
- Between 72 hours late, and midnight, December 5: 50 points off.
- You cannot submit any work after midnight, December 5.