Benjamin J. Blalock, Associate Professor
Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1996
Awarded the Eta Kappu Nu Outstanding Teacher Award, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, The University of Tennessee, April 2002
Engineering Research Fellow Award, The University of Tennessee, 2005 & 2006
Academic/Research and Field Interests:
- Analog/Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuit Design
- Analog/Mixed-Signal IC Design for Extreme Environments
- Ultra Low Voltage CMOS IC Design
- Multi-gate transistors and circuit applications
Current Research Students & Research Activity:
Some Recent Journal Articles:
- K. Akarvardar, R. D. Schrimpf, D. M. Fleetwood, S. Cristoloveanu, P.
Gentil, and B. J. Blalock, "Evidence of Radiation-Induced Dopant
Neutralization in Partially-Depleted SOI NMOSFETs," IEEE Transactions
on Nuclear Science, vol. 54, no. 7, Dec. 2007, pp. 1920-1924.
- R. Vijayaraghavan, S. K. Islam, M. Zhang, S. Ripp, S. Caylor, N. D.
Bull, S. Moser, S. C. Terry, B. J. Blalock, G.S. Sayler, "A bioreporter
bioluminescent integrated circuit for very low-level chemical sensing in
both gas and liquid environments," Journal Sensors and Actuators B:
Chemical, vol. B123, issue 2, 21 May 2007, pp. 922-928.
- K. Akarvardar, S. Cristoloveanu, P. Gentil, R. D. Schrimpf, and B. J.
Blalock, "Depletion-All-Around Operation of the SOI Four-Gate Transistor,"
IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 54, no. 2, Feb. 2007,
- S. K. Islam, R. Vijayaraghavan, M. Zhang, S. Ripp, S. D. Caylor, B.
Weathers, S. Moser, S. Terry, B. J. Blalock, and G. S. Sayler, "Integrated
Circuit Biosensors Using Living Whole-Cell Bioreporters," IEEE
Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 54, no. 1, Jan. 2007,
- A. L. Sternberg, L. W. Massengill, M. Hale, and B. Blalock, "Single-
Event Sensitivity and Hardening of a Pipelined Analog-to-Digital
Converter," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 53, no. 6,
Dec. 2006, pp. 3532-3538.
- S. Chen and B. J. Blalock, "Switched capacitor bandgap voltage reference
for sub-1-V operation," IEICE Electron. Express, vol. 3, no. 24,
- C. S. A. Durisety, R.Vijayraghavan, L. Seshan, S. K. Islam, B. J.
Blalock, "Dose Control Circuit for Digital Electrostatic Electron-Beam
Array Lithography," Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal
Processing, vol. 48, no. 2, Aug. 2006, pp. 143-150.
- D. M. Binkley, B. J. Blalock, and J. M. Rochelle, "Optimizing Drain
Current, Inversion Coefficient, and Channel Length in Analog CMOS Design,"
Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing,
vol. 47, no. 2, May 2006, pp. 137-163.
- K. Akarvardar, B. M. Dufrene, S. Cristoloveanu, P. Gentil, B. J.
Blalock, and M. M. Mojarradi, "Low-Frequency Noise in SOI Four-Gate
Transistors," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 53,
no. 4, April 2006, pp. 829-835.
- S. K. Islam, C. S. A. Durisety, R. Vijayraghavan, B. J. Blalock, T.
Grundman, L. R. Baylor, and W. L. Gardner, "A Novel All-Inverter CMOS
Based Dose Control Circuit for Using Vertically Aligned Carbon Nanofibers
in Maskless Lithography," Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B,
vol. 24, no. 2, Mar./Apr. 2006, pp. 1026-1029.
- J. Yang, A. Balijepalli, T. J. Thornton, J. Vandersand, B. J. Blalock,
M. E. Wood, and M. M. Mojarradi, "Silicon-Based Integrated MOSFETS and
MESFETS: A New Paradigm for Low Power, Mixed Signal, Monolithic Systems
Using Commercially Available SOI," International Journal of High Speed
Electronics and Systems, vol. 16, no. 2, 2006, pp. 723-732.
Ferris Hall - room 404
phone: (865) 974-0927
fax: (VOL) 974-5483
404 Ferris Hall
1508 Middle Drive
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-2100