Homework 1 Grading Guide
Deduct 25 points for a failure of the .jar file to run and send
email to the student telling them they have 3 days to fix it.
- 5 points Java's finalize method
- (5 points) Virtual machines
- (5 points): constant declaration
- (5 points) parameter passing in swap
- (5 points) Min.java
- (30 points) Write a Java class named Salary
that determines whether or not each person
in a group of persons is above or below the average salary for the group.
- (10 points) Correctly computes the average salary
- (10 points) Correctly shows whether a person's salary is above (true)
or below (false) the average salary
- (2 points) Correctly formats the average salary (left justified in a 10
character wide field with 2 decimal digits and a thousands
- Correctly formats each line of output
- (2 points) name left justified in a 15 character wide field
- (2 points) salary right justified in a 10 character wide field with
2 decimal digits and a thousands separator
- (2 point) prints true/false
- Error Checking
- (1 point) Prints an error message if there is not an even number of
- (1 point) Prints an error message if there are no arguments
- (40 points) SalaryList.java.
- (25 points) The output is correct and in ascending order
- (12 points) They used some type of linked structure. You
needn't try to follow their logic. Just make sure they used a
linked structure and not an array.
- (3 points) They used/called a createList method to
create their linked list.
- (5 points) The ChineseZodiac.