Professor: Brad Vander Zanden
- Office: Claxton 354
- Office Hours: T 3:30-5, W 2-3:30
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Claxton 125
- Office Hours: M 1:30-3:30, R 3:30-5
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required : Programming Language Pragmatics, 3rd Ed. Michael L. Scott.
What's My Grade?
Grades will be calculated as a weighted average of the following three
items. These weights are subject to change at the instructor's discretion:
Homework Assignments 10%
Midterm (Mar. 10) 25%
What Topics Does The Course Cover?
- Lexical analysis and parsing
- Semantic analysis (how to catch errors, such as undeclared identifiers,
mismatched types, wrong number of arguments passed to a function, etc.)
- Implementation issues for different language constructs, such as
loops, functions, objects, etc.
- Memory layout and management
- Code generation
- Runtime environments