- Program Correctness (75%): The programs do everything that the
lab requires. If you have a question about how a program handles
a certain input, check the executables that have been provided.
- linenum (75 points) deduct 5 points for not using the fields library
and 20 points for not using my sllist library.
- prints out each line on which a word appears (25 points)
- does not duplicate line numbers (15 points)
- properly handles words that do not appear in the file (10 points)
- handles empty files (5 points)
- handles extremely large files (5 points)
- words are left justified in a 10 character wide field (5 points)
- line numbers are right justified in a 4 digit wide field (5 points)
- error conditions
- handles wrong number of command line arguments (3 points)
- handles filenames that do not exist (2 points)
- Commenting (15%): See the commenting
on the course's lab web page for advice on how to comment your programs,
- Program Style (10%): Are the programs well-organized and do they
solve the problem in the most straightforward, efficient way possible?