- Program Correctness (75%): The programs do everything that the
lab requires. If you have a question about how a program handles
a certain input, check the executables that have been provided.
- countVotes (75 points) deduct 5 points for not using the fields library
and 20 points for not using my sllist library.
- prints the correct winner (20 points)
- the percentage is correctly output in a field that
provides space for two digits to the left of the decimal
point and 1 digit to the right of the decimal point.
The percentage is terminated with a % sign (10 points)
- correctly handles a tie (20 points)
- handles empty files (5 points)
- handles extremely large files (5 points)
- handles similar names with more than one space between
names (e.g., "Brad Vander Zanden" and
"Brad Vander Zanden" are equivalent) (5 points)
- error conditions
- handles wrong number of command line arguments (5 points)
- nicely handles filenames that do not exist using
perror (5 points)
- Commenting (15%): See the commenting
on the course's lab web page for advice on how to comment your programs,
- Program Style (10%): Are the programs well-organized and do they
solve the problem in the most straightforward, efficient way possible?