- What does DTD stand for? Document Type Definition or Document Type Declaration
- What is the purpose of a DTD? It defines the document structure with a list of legal elements and attributes, the data that
can be contained in an element or attribute, and the order of elements.
- What is the meaning of this declaration in a DTD: <!ELEMENT to (#PCDATA)>?
It means that the to element will contained parsed character data
- What is the meaning of this declaration in a DTD: <!ELEMENT book (title, author, price, year)>
It means that a book element will contain the subelements title, author, price, and
year, in exactly that order.
- What is the meaning of this declaration in a DTD: <!ELEMENT bookstore ((cd | book)+)>
It means that a bookstore element can contain cd or book elements and
that it must contain at least one or more of these elements.