In 2005, Hunley Road and the remainder of Quarry Road were added to the greenway. Total loop is about 9.2 miles, more maps, elevation profiles, and info. In 2008, the Wheat District greenway (dashed green line, 1.2 miles) was opened along with the McKinney Ridge trail (dotted green line, 1.3 miles, foot traffic only) near the west entrance to the North Boundary Greenway (see Google map). In March, 2009, the 1.3 miles Gallaher Trail was opened west of the water tower and descending to just west of Gallaher cemetery. As of March, 2011, the Gallaher Trail is for foot traffic only (state natural area). In Febrary, 2012, the 1.3 mile Big Oak Trail was constructed to provide a wooded, single-track connector from the east end of the lower gravel back to the guard shack, avoiding the turnpike.
Beware. This area is closed for deer hunts three weekends each fall and several spring weekends for turkey hunts. For 2013, closed dawn til 1 pm, April 6, 12-13 and 20-21. Also see reservation turkey hunts. In the fall 2012, the area is closed Oct 20-21, Nov 10-11, Dec 8-9. In addition, the area is closed the Saturday before each scheduled hunt weekend for scouting. see deer hunt map.
See 1941 Bethel Valley topo to see old roads and structures.