- ".... madness suddenly ceases to be a refuge and becomes
incarnate in the shattering sky and all his surroundings in the
presence of which reason, already struck dumb, can only bow the
head." Malcolm Lowry, Under the Volcano.
- "....At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing
argument, is needed. Oh! had I the ability, and could I reach the
nation's ear, I would today pour out a fiery stream of biting
ridicule, blasting reproach, withering sarcasm, and stern rebuke."
Frederick Douglass - July 4, 1852.
- "They were not hard-hearted; they were watching the rare
spectacle of something worse off than themselves." Graham Greene,
The Power and the Glory.
- "As a general rule, people, even the wicked, are much more naive
and simple-hearted than we supposed. And we ourselves are, too."
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov.
- "The gods to each ascribe a differing lot: Some enter at the
portal. Some do not!" Ford Madox Ford, Parade's End.
Recent Reading and Watching
- One Foot in Eden by Ron
- The Climb by Anatoli
Boukreev and G. Weston DeWalt.
- Mr. Robot USA Network
Evolution more than just a
theory - run barefoot