Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:40 - 10:55 AM
CS580 covers the foundations of
computer science, and is presented in three parts:
- Computability theory,
- Complexity theory, and
- Fundamental algorithms (selected topics).
Prerequisites: Automata theory and mathematical maturity commensurate
with the successful completion of CS380 or its equivalent.
Instructor: Prof. Lynne E. Parker
- Office: Claxton 220
- Email: parker at cs.utk.edu
- Office Hours: Thursday, 11-12, or by appointment (send email)
Chris Symons (1/2-time):
- Office: Claxton 347
- Email: symons at cs.utk.edu
- Office Hours: Mon., 3:30 - 5:00
- Office: Claxton 125
- Email: birch at cs.utk.edu
- Office Hours: Mon., Wed., 11-12
Class Mailing List: email@example.com
- Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages, and Computation,
by Hopcroft and Ullman, Addison-Wesley.
- Introduction to Algorithms, Cormen, Leiserson, and Rivest,
Supplemental Textbook (not required, but helpful):
- Computers and Intractability,
by Garey and Johnson, Freeman.
Last updated: January 13, 2004