1. Cum (With): What covers. The situation (both inner and outer) in which the querent is found.
2. Contra (Against): What crosses. The immediate obstacle or cause of conflict for the querent.
3. Super (Above): What crowns. The overriding ideal, goal or threat; the potential of the situation.
4. Sub (Below): What is beneath. The foundation or basis of the situation.
5. Ante (Before): What is behind. The immediate past of the situation.
6. Post (After): What is coming. The immediate future of the situation.
7. Ipse (Oneself): Oneself. The querent, both external condition and internal state.
8. Circumstans (Surroundings): Environment. The environment of the querent, including other people and their view of the querent.
9. Exspectatio (Expectation): Hopes and fears. The querent's emotions, especially hopes and fears for the matter.
10. Futura (Future): What will come. The final outcome of the situation.
Send comments about this page
Last updated: Fri Nov 17 19:10:19 EST 1995