Dr. Plank's CS102 Page
I most recently co-taught CS102 with Ms. Mayo in the spring of 2007. My responsibilities were
overhauling the labs for C++ rather than C, adding four to six in-class programming assignments
during each lab time, and lecturing roughly half of the classes. Below are my lecture notes from
the classes in which I provided lecture notes:
The current CS102 page may be found at
- Chapter 2 of the book: Lots of introductory material, including
Unix basics, file redirection and pipes, vi, a simple C++ program, basic programming material, and
a very interesting program that calculates passing ratings for NFL quarterbacks.
- The MasterMind Game: Using the game to show some simple programming and
object-oriented program design.
- Recursion: Exponential numbers and the Fibonacci numbers.
- Cin-Notes: Supplementary notes on cin, focusing on handling I/O errors.
- File-IO: Reading from files in C++.
- BottleCap: An example of generating and evaluating codes written on bottle caps.