CS302 Lecture Notes - Network Flow
As of November, 2014, I have cleaned up and unified my lecture notes for Network Flow.
They are broken into the following files:
- James S. Plank
- Original Notes: April 2, 2008.
- Major Overhaul: November, 2014.
- Directory: /home/plank/cs302/Notes/Netflow-All
In CS494, I do a segment on four really interesting Topcoder problems
that feature Network Flow. Here are the lecture notes for those four problems.
- Lecture 1: Augmenting Paths, Minimum Cuts, A Pathelogical Example
- Lecture 2: Programming the Ford-Fulkerson Algorithm with DFS
- Lecture 3: Different Ways of Finding the Augmenting Paths (including Edmonds-Karp)
- Supplemental Lecture: Some extra help with Network Flow
- The Topcoder Tutorial on Network Flow: Section 2 of this Tutorial discusses uses of Network Flow. This is an excellent tutorial, and I want you to read all of section 2. The section on bipartite matching
is very important for your Network Flow lab.