CS494 -- Lecture Notes
Old Scripting Notes
These are old lecture notes on things that you may find useful for
shell scripting, testing and graphing.
Class Lecture Notes for 2017
- 8/24/2017: Pointers on giving research presentations.
- 8/29: Topcoder SRM 640, D1, 250-Pointer - ChristmasTreeDecoration. There is commentary here on the presentation and slides.
- 8/29: Topcoder SRM 639, D1, 250-Pointer - AliceGame.
- 8/29: Topcoder SRM 639, D1, 500-Pointer - BoardFolding
- 8/31: A-Star
- 9/5: Topcoder SRM 641, D1, 250-Pointer - TrianglesContainOrigin: Presentation and code.
- 9/5: Topcoder SRM 614, D1, 250-Pointer - MinimumSquare: I did the presentation of the problem, but
didn't write code, even though I wanted to. We'll see if I do so later. The notes here have code.
- 9/7 & 9/12: Going over Lab 1: The File Allocation Table
- 9/14 and some of 9/19: PageRank
- 9/19: Topcoder SRM 647, D1, 500-Pointer - CtuRobots
- 9/21 and 9/26: B-Trees and the B-Tree Lab
- 10/3 and 10/10: Four Interesting Network Flow Problems
- 10/12 and 10/17: Bloom Filters.
- 10/19: Min-Hash. An interesting use of hashes, and
when theoretical elegance takes a back seat to performance.
- 10/24 and 11/2: The Floyd-Warshall Algorithm, and Instruction-Level Parallelism