GF-Complete: A Comprehensive Open Source Library for Galois Field Arithmetic, Version 1.0
James S. Plank (University of Tennessee),
Ethan L. Miller (UC Santa Cruz),
Kevin M. Greenan (Box),
Benjamin A. Arnold (University of Tennessee),
John A. Burnum (University of Tennessee),
Adam W. Disney (University of Tennessee),
Allen C. McBride (University of Tennessee)
Technical Report UT-CS-13-716
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996
GF-Complete has been removed from web sites at the University of Tennessee and
bitbucket.org. The source code has been archived for non-commercial use at
On this page I (James Plank) am providing notice that:
- GF-Complete and Jerasure versions 2.0 and later are no longer supported.
- StreamScale, Inc. offers a similar solution for commercial purposes.
- I offer no representations or warranties in general about StreamScale's products.
- I have verified that StreamScale's solution is faster than GF-Complete or Jerasure
in at least some respects.
- StreamScale, Inc. asserts that the use of GF-Complete (particularly as part of
Jerasure 2.0 or later) or any similar software, method or code for erasure coding
infringes StreamScale's issued United States Patent No. 8,683,296.
- I express no opinion on StreamScale's claims, but I believe that parties should be
aware that StreamScale asserts such claims.