ECE455 for the Fall 2012 semester has been officially ended. In the following, please find the final project demos from the student groups of this course. Enjoy!
Optical room security system
3D route tracking (also download the source code and try it on your Android device here)
Digital business card
Smartphone security solution
- Dr. Wei Gao
- Lectures: TR 12:40pm - 1:55pm, 501 Dougherty Engineering Building
- Office hours: TR 2:00pm - 3:00pm, 302 Min Kao
- Email: weigao (at) utk (dot) edu (please replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .)
- Phone: 865-974-3984
Textbook - Computers as Components: Principles of Embedded Computing System Design
- Author: Marilyn Wolf
- Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann; 3rd edition, 2012
- Course policies
Lab: 228 Min kao
Lab hours: 3:00 - 4:30pm Thursdays & Fridays
- Labs (3): 10%. Lab1 (3%), Lab2 (3%) and Lab3 (4%)
- Course project: 50%. Proposal: 5%, midterm presentation: 10%, final presentation: 15%, final report 20%
- Midterm exam: 15%.
- Final exam: 20%.
- Participation: 5% .