- (12/3)The Final Exam has been posted. The password to access the exam will be given out in class and e-mailed to students after lecture. The Exam is due to Prof. Costinett's office by 12:15pm, Wednesday, Dec 11th.
- (9/25)Midterm #1 has been posted. The password to access the exam will be given out in class and e-mailed to students after lecture #9
- (9/24)The additional problem of Homework #3 has been updated to reflect the correct IGBT orientation. Credit will be given for either polarity on this problem.
- (9/9) Note that the posted example problems for Chapter 3 are numbered from the first edition of the book. Second edition problem numbers are listed next to the problem description in the linked webpage.
- (9/3) Point values have been scaled on the HW #1 assignment for ECE 481 students to have the correct total.
- (8/28) HW #1 has been posted. It is available on the Assignments page. Due dates are listed on the Schedule
- (8/5) Website is under construction, please check back often
The course is an introduction to switched-mode power converters. It provides a basic knowledge of circuitry for the control and conversion of electrical power with high efficiency. These converters can change and regulate the voltage, current, or power; dc-dc converters, ac-dc rectifiers, dc-ac inverters, and ac-ac cycloconverters are in common use. Applications include electronic power supplies, aerospace and vehicular power systems, and renewable energy systems.
Prerequisites are ECE 316 - Signals and Systems II, ECE 325 - Electric Energy System Components, and ECE 336 - Electronic Circuits.
Course meets twice weekly.