Edmon Begoli's Home Page
Joint Faculty Professor (JFA) of Computer Science at
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Tennessee, Knoxville specializing in distributed, resilient AI/ML systems for structured and text data analysis.
A visiting researcher scholar with the
RISE Lab, EECS department at the University of California, Berkeley, collaborating on the development of scalable frameworks for reliable, distributed online learning and decision support.
Professional appointment / home institution:
Distinguished Scientist, ORNL.
- Contact information:
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 1 Bethel Valley
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
- Oak Ridge, TN 37831
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:865.226.9605
Courses | Research | Home Institution | Projects | Publications | Bio
- Scalable, reliable systems for real-time analysis of protected data
- Resilient AI/ML
- Edmon Begoli, Tyler Akidau, Fabian Hueske, Julian Hyde, Kathryn Knight, and Kenneth Knowles. 2019. One SQL to Rule Them All -- an Efficient and Syntactically Idiomatic Approach to Management of Streams and Tables: An Industrial Paper. In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD conference (SIGMOD 2019). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 4, 16 pages.
- Begoli, E., Bhattacharya, T., & Kusnezov, D. (2019).The need for uncertainty quantification in machine-assisted medical decision making. Nature Machine Intelligence. Nature Machine Intelligence volume 1, 2023, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s42256-018-0004-1.
- van Wyk, Franco, Anahita Khojandi, Akram Mohammed, Edmon Begoli, Robert L. Davis, Rishikesan Kamaleswaran. (2018).A Minimal Set of Physiomarkers in High Frequency Real-Time Physiological Data Streams Predict Adult Sepsis Onset Earlier. International Journal of Medical Informatics
- Begoli E., Brown K., Srinivas S., and Tamang S., (December, 2018) SynthNotes: A Generator Framework for High-volume, High fidelity Synthetic Mental Health Notes, Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Management of Data (Big Data), Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Begoli E., Mior M., Camacho-Rodriguez J., Hyde J., Lemire D. (2018, June) Apache Calcite: A Foundational Framework for Optimized Query Processing Over Heterogeneous Data Sources, Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2018), Houston, Texas, USA.
- Begoli E., Frasure C., Dunning T. (2016, March) Real-Time Discovery Services over Heterogeneous, Schema-less, and Complex Healthcare Datasets, In 2016 IEEE Big Data Services, Exeter College, Oxford UK