Bruce MacLennan’s Home Page
It would be catastrophic to become a nation of
technically competent people who have lost the ability to think
critically, to examine themselves, and to respect the humanity and
diversity of others.
— Martha Nussbaum, Cultivating
Humanity: A Classical Defense of Reform in Liberal Education
Bruce J. MacLennan
- Associate Professor Emeritus
- [he / his / him]
- Dept. of Electrical
Engineering & Computer Science
- University of Tennessee
Ways to contact me
- Phone: (865)
- US Mail:
Bruce J. MacLennan
Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
The University of Tennessee
401 Min Kao EECS Bldg.
Knoxville, TN 37996-2250
Complete List of Publications
(see also Recent Papers, Presentations, etc.)
- Swarm Robotics for
- Neural Information
- Emergent Computation Project
- Fellow, Foro di Studi Avanzati “Gaetano Massa”
- Fellow, Institute for Advanced Studies, Collegium Budapest.
- Past Editor-in-Chief, International
Journal of Nanotechnology and Molecular Computation.
- Fellow Member,
- Member, Scientific Advisory Council and Scientific Cooperation
INBIOSA (INtegral BIOmathics Support Action).
- Editorial Board member, Computational
Intelligence and Neuroscience.
- BBS Associate,
Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Member, Robotics/AI, Nanotechnology, and Scientific Freedom
Advisory Boards of the Lifeboat Foundation.
list of publications
- Recent papers, presentations, technical
reports, etc. See my
research interests for additional publications.
- Books by me (comments invited).
- A Course on Unconventional Computation: Analog, Molecular,
and Quantum (available from Amazon ).
- Word and Flux: The Discrete and the
Continuous in Computation, Philosophy, and Psychology.
Volume I: From Pythagoras to the Digital Computer, The
Intellectual Roots of Symbolic Artificial Intelligence, with
a Summary of Volume II Continuous Theories of Knowledge
(book in preparation, comments
Send me mail
This page is web.eecs.utk.edu/~bmaclenn
Bruce MacLennan / MacLennan@utk.edu
Last update: 2023-03-30.